Underground Investing For Fun And Profits

Friday, November 23, 2007

Short Day - POST TURKEY

I do not know about you, but I had a bit too much turkey yesterday and I am stuffed!

Fortunately, I am on Weight Watchers (WTW - $48.25 +0.77) Core program, so I can eat as much turkey as I want! I can eat as much meat, fruit, and veggies as I want and not have to count it up. I was still able to have a decent amount of stuffing and even a slice of pumpkin pie! I said a slice, not the 3 or 4 that I would have had in the past. I have lost 26 lbs. in the last 6 months. I love those guys.

But what it really was about was spending time with my family, finally settling in and watching The Shaggy Dog (Tim Allen) with my 11 nieces, 1 nephew, my dog, and my sister-in-laws 2 dogs. No other adults, just me! Pure joy, set me back to when I was a kid. They love their Uncle Patrick! They also keep asking about when Jen and I are going to add to the list of cousins with one of our own. I tell them that we are just waiting now, the adoption can happen anytime between know and the end of next year. Good Times!

On to today.

On a traditionally light trading day, the Dow finished up 181.43 points from Wednesday's disastrous close. The Dow did this in spite of Gold rallying back above 820 and the Euro reaching yet another all-time high compared to the Dollar.

Today's up day is a complete mirror image from the rah-rah days of the past. Normally, bulls (those who are playing into a market rally) would take a shortened day like today off, leaving the bears (those who think that the market is overpriced) to have their way for one day. Well, since the bears and short-term opportunists are the ones making money these days, they took the Friday after Thanksgiving off. The bulls needed to go to work today!

But investors are learning quicker than they used to that they need to have the ability to make money regardless of market conditions. That is why many people are trying to learn how to make money in commodities, Forex (currencies), real estate, options, and stocks. These asset classes all have trends that play off of and counter one another. And one of my missions is to bring you the best educational opportunities in each of these key asset classes, as well as some business skills.

I am a real estate investor and a stock portfolio manager. My primary expertise is in stocks and options. I know many experts in all these asset classes and will be bring them to you in the coming weeks.

Since today is a shortened market day, I will stay short also and end our conversation here.

Notes from the Underground:
Dow - 12,980.88 +181.43
Gold - 824.00 +26.40
Silver - 14.72 +0.32
Oil - 98.19 +0.90

To Your Investing Success,

Patrick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home